Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Favorite Movies by Era

Here's a blogmeme I can dig, courtesy of Bill Sherman. I may not have a memory for such trivialities as birthdays, anniversaries, business appointments, funerals and such, but I can damn well remember what my favorite movies were when I was a high school sophomore.

early 80s - War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

late 80s - The Haunting, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Playtime, Dr. Strangelove

early 90s - Brazil, Monty Python's Meaning Of Life, A Clockwork Orange, Duck Soup, Delicatessen, The Fisher King, Richard III (w/ Sir Ian McKellen), Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

late 90s - Diplomaniacs, Munchhausen (1943 UFA), Paths of Glory, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Traffic, Jimmy the Boy Wonder, Soup To Nuts, The City of Lost Children

early 00s - The Mothman Chronicles, The Beatniks, Psyched by the 4D Witch, Waiting for Guffman, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Kiss Me Deadly

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Some cool selections that I'd forgotten. (How could I miss City of Lost Children when I'd thought of Delicatessan?) But I wanna read your write-up on Psyched By the 4D Witch. . .

10:15 AM  
Blogger Aaron Neathery said...

God bless Victor Luminera. It's a beautiful thing, so detached from reality as we mere mortals understand it that it's likely to induce out-of-body experiences in viewers. Or flashbacks. "Psyched" is the cinematic equivalent of the music of The Shaggs.

I wish Jeunet and Caro would team up again. Nothing Jeunet has directed on his own has grabbed me the way "Delicatessen" did back in 1991.. a near perfect film.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home