Monday, April 25, 2005

Awards, Corrections, and Other Groovy Things

Phil Hall, Film Threat critic and journalist, has nominated this blog Hot Site of the Week at SharewareJunkies.com! Thanks, Phil!

"mb" notes in the comments for my Barry Mahon blog entry that a) Mahon didn't have to go to the Baum estate for permission to film The Wonderful Land Of Oz as the book's copyright lapsed in 1960 and b) the film was not shot at Pirate's World at all but at a small local studio in North Miami. I'd very much like to know which studio, so if anyone knows, please contact me.

Also in the Mahon comments, Rob Craig of KiddieMatinee.com suggested I see the full version of H. G. Lewis' The Magic Land of Mother Goose (1967) for a true endurance test. I have and I'll be blogging about both of Lewis' kiddie matinee epics later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home